Elaine White's Life in Books

The Reviewer

Top #50 UK reviewer on Goodreads
#1 reviewer on Divine Magazine

A Master For Michael

A Master For Michael - Morticia Knight Book – A Master for Michael (A Hampton Road Club Novella)
Author – Morticia Knight
Star rating - ★★★★★
No. of Pages – 72
Cover – Gorgeous
POV – 3rd person, dual POV
Would I read it again – Yes!
Genre – LGBT, BDSM, Historical, MM, Romance

** I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK FOR MY READING PLEASURE **
Reviewed for Divine Magazine

I've loved every single book in the Hampton Road Club series since book 1. In fact, I loved them so much that I've given them all five stars until this point. With Javier and Michael being side-characters in every novel, I really looked forward to seeing their story, but I never imagined it would be with each other!

This book was no exception. It was a solid 5 star read right across the board. And I was so tempted to read the snippet of book 6 in the series, at the end, but I held off. Just two weeks until it's out and then I can read it all, which is awesome! I can't get enough of this series.

Again, I love the dual POV. It's always great to see both sides of the story. Seeing Michael's POV was so important, but seeing Javier's, as well, just added so many more layers to what was already a great story.

I love how much was fitted so comfortably into so few pages. I'm used to about 150-200 pages for this series, per book, but this was the perfect length. It gave us all the build up, the big shocker, and then the relationship aspects at the end that I always love from this series. It's great that the book doesn't end just because the couple got together; it's my favourite kind of story.

I'll admit, I almost cried when Saul spoke with Javier and then, later, the whole “Stop this instant!” had me giddy as all get out. I was so thrilled with the way the story progressed with ease and the natural drama I've become familiar with in Hampton Road Club.

Overall, this was a fantastically written story with perfect length, immensely well balanced detail and attention to the characterisation, that had a much needed story to tell. It didn't go overboard, by trying to delve too far into their history, but it didn't feel too short, either. It was the perfect length for the story that had to be told. Again, the world building was incredible, and it had me on a rollercoaster ride I didn't want to leave. I can't wait for the next book in the series.

~

Favourite Quotes

“Has Saul found someone for Michael so soon? His gut clenched, even if he knew it was the right thing. In time, he’d get over Michael. Javier had already decided that he wouldn’t seek out another submissive boy. He’d keep his memories of Michael in his heart where they couldn’t be stolen from him.”