Elaine White's Life in Books

The Reviewer

Top #50 UK reviewer on Goodreads
#1 reviewer on Divine Magazine

The Fear of Surrender

The Fear of Surrender - Morticia Knight Book – The Fear of Surrender (The Hampton Road Club #3)
Author – Morticia Knight
Star rating - ★★★★★
No. of Pages – 163

Cover – Nice!
POV – 3rd person, dual POV
Would I read it again – Yes!

Genre – LGBT, BDSM, Romance, 1920's

** I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK, BY TOTALLY BOUND, IN RETURN FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **
Reviewed for Divine Magazine

Warnings: BDSM elements (spanking, obedience, club, pain play), Rent Boy

Yesssss! Thomas and Linus. The pair that, since the previous book, have been stuck in my head and refuse to leave until they're all snuggled up in a Dom/sub love nest.

As for the story...*sigh*

So good. Linus is the most innocent and naive, most tentative and afraid sub that's been featured so far. He doesn't have Kenneth's inner strength or even the little knowledge Sam had of relationships between men. There was just pure innocence in every breath.

I loved how the story picked up right before the end of book 2, because the situations it showed from Linus' and Thomas' POV were so important for us to read.

As for the relationship and chemistry between Linus and Thomas, that was clear from before the end of book 2. The way Linus was so innocently tongue-tied, but Thomas took his time to help him beat that. Along with that thoughtfulness came the really brilliant way that Thomas and the other Doms gathered together to support Kenneth by reinventing the club's rules for submissives. The way they considering out of the box ideas, the safety of the subs and see past their own need to dominate the submissives is kind of beautiful.

There was only one problem – I kept reading about other characters that I want to read about. I can't decide if I need a threesome so that Bruce and George can have a sub to share or if I want them to have the choice of Ned and Eric.

Oh, and let's just mention that interesting use of ginger root. ;)

~

Favourite Quote

“Sam ached to please everyone around him whereas Francesco ached to see how much he could get away with before getting caught by Master Theodore.”

“Linus had agreed to have dinner with him, hadn't thought the gift of the dates was the slightest bit silly, and had even freely held his hand. It wasn't quite the same as consenting to a flogging or a branding, but it was a start.”