Elaine White's Life in Books

The Reviewer

Top #50 UK reviewer on Goodreads
#1 reviewer on Divine Magazine

Count Of Monte Cristo Manga Classics

Count Of Monte Cristo Manga Classics - Alexandre Dumas Book – The Count of Monte Christo
Author – Alexandre Dumas
Star rating - ★★★★★
No. of Pages – 409 (pdf)
Cover – Gorgeous!
Would I read it again? – Yes!
Genre – Comic, Classic, Historical, Manga

** COPY RECEIVED THROUGH NETGALLEY **

This was beautiful. Full of gorgeous, detailed illustrations, it remained as true as it could be to the original story, still able to exude mystery and intrigue, while showing the growth of characters such as Dante and those he had once known and loved. Though the story is obviously condensed for the comic, there is still a lot of original detail and plot, allowing us to follow the process without missing too many of the important plot twists and intrigue.

I also have to admit that I love the additional information at the back (front?) of the book, where it details the research process, discusses and introduces the characters and even included an explanation of how they managed to condense the book into a manga.

Overall, it was a great collector's item and someone who adores Alexandre Dumas' work will love the dedication and attention that went into recreating one of his greatest works.