Elaine White is the author of multi-genre MM romance, celebrating 'love is love' and offering diversity in both genre and character within her stories.
Growing up in a small town and fighting cancer in her early teens taught her that life is short and dreams should be pursued. She lives vicariously through her independent, and often hellion characters, exploring all possibilities within the romantic universe.
The Winner of two Watty Awards – Collector's Dream (An Unpredictable Life) and Hidden Gem (Faithfully) – and an Honourable Mention in 2016's Rainbow Awards (A Royal Craving) Elaine is a self-professed geek, reading addict, and a romantic at heart.
I’m an author and reader, who just can’t get away from books. I discovered the MM genre a few years ago and became addicted.
Top #50 UK reviewer on Goodreads
#1 reviewer on Divine Magazine
So, we all have one. A list of stuff we want to do in our lives. A list of places we'd like to go. A list of things we'd like to learn how to do. It's good to have goals and aim for something, even if it feels unrealistic at the time you want it. Here's my list of "one day" things I'd like to do and places I'd like to go.
* Go to Egypt. It's been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember.
* Have one of my books made into a TV show/movie. Because, really, it's the dream of every author. It had to be on here.
* I'd love to attend a Comic Con one day. For the geek in me, that would be heaven.
* I'd love to be healthy and fit enough to do a bit of travelling. Nothing as extravagant as Egypt, at first, but something like going around Europe. I've been to Spain, cutting through France and England, but I'd love to go to Italy one day and maybe go back to all the places I've been before, to really do the 'tourist' thing. Then maybe America.
* I would love to do a book signing at a proper Book Con. Right now, that's not medically or financially possible, but it would be the dream. To do one, at least, but maybe even to do a few of them and really get to meet my readers and other authors.
* It might sound silly, but I'd also love to catch up on my TBR list. It's ridiculously long. Maybe if I won a ridiculous amount on the lottery I could kick back in some sunshine place, feet up, food and drink prepared and delivered to me, with nothing to do but read and enjoy myself. That would be idyllic.
* I want a library. A real one. Like...Beauty and the Beast real. For all those TBR books that I'll be working my way through when I'm super-rich.
* Something logically achievable → I'd love to learn to cook. I watch Food Network like an addict, but I can't cook to save myself. Or feed myself. It's shocking and I'd love to fix that.
* I want to go to a concert. I've only ever been to one and it wasn't my choice. I went with my sister to a Boyzone concert and was the only one who knew the opening act! I'd love to go see someone of my choosing, without worrying about how to get there, how to pay for it and whether I had an escape route if I wasn't feeling well. Being disabled sucks when it comes to big venues, but other people can do it and I want to...eventually.
* Of course, I'd love to hit #1 on Amazon at some point. Not just as a 'free' price, which I've done, but at full cost and maybe even making it into the harder spots of NYTimes and such. That would be a dream come true!