Elaine White's Life in Books

The Reviewer

Top #50 UK reviewer on Goodreads
#1 reviewer on Divine Magazine

Facts About Me: Reviews

I read reviews. *ducks for cover* Some break your heart and others mend it. One of the first things an author has to do after publishing their first book is to decide if they're going to read reviews. It's hard not to be curious, but it's even harder if you end up reading something that hurts you. The best lesson I ever learned in publishing was never to reply to a review. It can only lead to disaster. Now, I just sit back, sneak a peek at them as they roll in after release and then I don't read any more, after that. I like to see the initial reaction, but try not to obsess about it, too much.