Elaine White's Life in Books

Top #50 UK reviewer on Goodreads
#1 reviewer on Divine Magazine

Smoke Signals by Meredith Katz
Smoke Signals by Meredith Katz

Mike St. George figured that working customer support during the Black Friday sale at SmokeSignals, a game distribution company, would just feature the usual sort of problem customers. He wasn't expecting an aristocratic, self-centered dragon to demand the company send someone to his house to install games in exchange for gold. And he definitely wasn't expecting that to somehow put him in charge of working with and protecting the digital side of the dragon's hoard of games.

But with a possible promotion in his future, Mike's ready to take on anything. And while the blue-blooded Zali'thurg might be egotistical and prideful, Mike's wrangled worse customers on a regular basis. At least this one's cute, albeit in an 'apex predator' sort of way.

~

REVIEW

Book – Smoke Signals
Author – Meredith Katz
Star rating - ★★★★★
No. of Pages – 83
Cover – Cute!
POV – 3rd person, one character
Would I read it again – Yes!
Genre – LGBT, Contemporary, Paranormal/Supernatural, Dragons

** COPY RECEIVED THROUGH NETGALLEY **

This was all kinds of adorable!
I loved Michael and Zali'thurg, together and apart. They were really well written and well explored characters, with great chemistry that built slowly but was so cute to watch.
The writing was perfectly on point to suit my tastes, with the right amount of description, showing/telling, and attention to detail that I never felt out of place. The world building was great, making it clear from the start that this was a contemporary world that just happened to have real dragons in it.
The game Zali'thurg made for Michael was the most adorable thing I've ever seen.
I loved how open and honest Michael was, even with someone he was intimidated by, and how he was happy in his skin, happy to be himself unashamedly. His knitting was a really nice addition, especially when it came to the slippers, and I loved that he owned that side of him, even in the face of Zali'thurg's attention.
There were some small editing issues, but nothing that impacted my reading or the flow of the story.

Overall, it was an excellently written story about geeks, romance and dragons. And, really, what more can you ask for?

~

Favourite Quote

“It just figured that the exceedingly rich asshole of a customer he had to deal with face to face not only could literally eat him alive, but could also transform at will into the heartthrob of the century. That hardly seemed fair.”

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/38880586-smoke-signals