Elaine White's Life in Books

The Reviewer

Top #50 UK reviewer on Goodreads
#1 reviewer on Divine Magazine

Facts About Me: Writing Plans for 2018

I have a whole lot of goals for 2018, most of which is completing lists that I've already started, such as my huge Netgalley TBR, and finishing books that have been started but not completed.

This post will keep me accountable...it's my list of books that have been started and that I want to finish writing in 2018.

~

Angelicae is a follow-up series that moves on from the events of Cacodemon, but by focusing on the children: Wesley, Dwain, Shiloh and Samael. I wrote Victims of the Night, which introduces a new character who will be really important, but although I started the official Book 1: The Failing, I have yet to get even halfway through it.

~

Creatures of the Night is the one series that is almost complete. It is so nearly finished! I have books 1-4 written, edited, and ready to go. But Book 5 hasn't even been started, despite having a definite plot for both 5 and 6. I just need time to work through 1-4, refresh my memory of what's happened so far, and get my butt sat down to write 5 and 6.

~

By Appointment Only is my first BDSM series and I think that's the problem. I love how Book 1 turned out, but after writing Book 2 I began to have doubts about whether it fitted, whether it went the way I hoped it would, and whether it was any good. I had a total crisis of confidence that stopped me starting Book 3. However, I have a set plot for all the books, so I just need to pick up my big girl pants and get it done.

~

This series is a little darker than my usual writing. It's still contemporary, but it's a little less romantic and more "I need you, I want you". Plus, the MC's are all "bad guys" in the sense that they all have a history of being in a gang, which ties them together, and they're unapologetic about the things they're willing to do to get what they want. I have Book 1 halfway finished, with strict plans for Books 2 and 3. I just need the time to sit down and write it.

~

This is my first fantasy series and I'm really eager to get it done. I loved how Book 1 turned out, with a faint twist on the Maleficent/Sleeping Beauty concept of two kingdoms at war and a child being the key to their feud. I just tweaked the rest of it so that it was wholly original. Books 2 and 3 are set in the same world, but each book is set at least a few hundred years apart.

~

Finally, my first sci-fi series. I have book 1 written, book 2 started and definite plans for all the novels. However, I ended up incorporating other books/series into this one, which is why it looks like so many books. It's going to be a series of Volumes, four volumes in total. Each volume will have a trilogy spanning one plot, but all the volumes will take place in the same world and reference the characters of previous/future books. It really is as intricate and complicated as it reads, which is why I haven't gotten very far with it. The first three books were always planned, the second trilogy an addition when I fell in love with secondary characters, and the final two trilogies were only added after I incorporated an 11 book series into this one. So, there is a lot of work to be done.