Elaine White's Life in Books

The Author

The Reviewer

Top #50 UK reviewer on Goodreads
#1 reviewer on Divine Magazine

"“Please,” Rory whispered. “I can't take much more of this,” he said, leaning in to kiss him, briefly. “I'm miserable without you, Bradley.” He ran his hands up his chest and weaved long fingers through his hair, as he nudged their noses. “I'm sorry for everything. All I wanted was for you to love me, openly. I don't understand this fierce protection of your privacy and I'm sorry for that,” he continued, rambling and kissing him lightly.
“I'm sorry I never listened when I should have. When it mattered. I'm sorry I was so heartbroken over losing you that I couldn't open your letter, until you told me you loved me four and a half weeks ago,” he muttered to himself. “That's why I read it to you. Because I opened it, for the first time, the night you stood in this parking lot, screaming that you loved me,” he admitted, turning his head to kiss his cheek.
Bradley was stunned into silence. He didn't have the first clue what to say or how to react.
“I don't want to wait another twelve years,” Rory whispered desperately, kissing his lips. This time, he responded, losing all of his fight at the tender contact. “I've wasted enough time. You're right; I never listened, because I was too scared. I was terrified you were going to say that you'd had another baby before me, that you'd find another one after me,” he confessed quietly, kissing his lips.
“Why didn't you trust me?” Bradley asked, deflated and unable to fight any longer. He just stood there, scared to walk away and scared to move forward.
“Because you mean more to me than anyone else.” Rory smiled and framed his face in both hands. “I could believe anyone but you. You're perfect, why would you ever want me?” he asked."

The One That Got Away, by Elaine White