Elaine White's Life in Books

The Author

The Reviewer

Top #50 UK reviewer on Goodreads
#1 reviewer on Divine Magazine

"He took a breath, tried to calm down, then realised that it wasn't going to happen. Not until he knew what he was really dealing with. He tossed the blanket aside and rose to his feet. “I need a drink.”
“A drink?” Vanos frowned and looked around the room, as though a beer would materialise out of nowhere. “Oh, perhaps we can toast together?” he suggested, just as River took a step towards his side counter.
Stopping in his track, at those ridiculous words, he looked back at Vanos and frowned. “It's not for a toast, you fruit loop.” He shook his head and crouched in front of the cabinet, to reach into the hidden drawer at the base. As soon as it popped open, he grabbed the bottle of whiskey he'd stashed there and unscrewed the cap. He took a long swig, then stood and faced Vanos again. But the hope in the Griffin's eyes was so naïve and didn't match the fury he'd seen there just six weeks ago. It was so disconcerting that he took another drink. “Jesus...what did I ever do to deserve this?”"

The Chosen