elainewhite359

Elaine White's Life in Books

I love reading, and as a writer I like to broaden my scope by reading outside of my comfort zone, so that I can learn more about my craft.

Baron of Blood: 1 (Dawning Era Series)
C. N. Faust
All Our Foolish Schemes: The Creepers Saga Book 2
Raymond Esposito
Fright Radio
Noel Dandes
A Dark Heart (The Elders and Welders Chronicles)
Margaret Foxe
Prince of Hearts: The Elders and Welders Chronicles Bk. 1
Margaret Foxe
Young Love Murder (Young Assassins 1)
April Brookshire
Before the Full Moon Rises: 1 (Chronicles of the Secret Prince)
MJ Bell
Once Upon a Darker Time
M.J. Bell
Guardian of Souls
Lee Appleby
In the Beginning
Abby L. Vandiver

The Lost Years (The Guardians, #4)

The Lost Years (The Guardians, #4) - Wendy Owens ** I WAS GIVEN THESE BOOKS BY THE PUBLISHER, IN RETURN FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **

Book – The Lost Years: The Guardians Book 4
Author – Wendy Owens
Star rating - ★★★★★
Would I read it again – Yes, definitely
Plot – well explored, well put together, very easy to follow
Characters – exciting, funny, intriguing, great characterization
Movie Potential - ★★★★★
Ease of reading – Very easy.

As always, this was another great installment of the series. I can't wait for the last book to see how it all comes together. I've actually been highlighting my favourite quotes from the books as I read them, but with this one, there are so many WOW, spoiler moments that marking them as quotes would be unfair to people who haven't read it yet. I want them to discover and be shocked by those moments as I was.

First off, I have one big niggle with this book. And it's possibly considered a spoiler so you'll have to close your eyes NOW if you don't want to read it.

**Spoiler**
In this book, we're shown how Dina gets the Oracle Calysta out of her prison cell in Rampart. And then (as in Book 3) we're shown the conversation with Uri and Gabe, after they meet after 5 years. Uri tells Gabe that when Rampart was taken, the Oracle was taken prisoner and gave information to the enemy, during her captivity. The problem is, that Dina's rescue of Calysta and Michael's reaffirmation that she arrived safely back with the Clerics, means that that couldn't possibly have happened. So, colour me confused.
**Spoiler**

Onto the good stuff – the rest of the book. I absolutely loved Dina's part in the story. The whole thing with Raimie had me bawling my eyes out, literally. But I have to say I saw the whole 'consequences' thing coming. But that doesn't lower the genius of the entire thing. I'm actually hoping to see Madame Laveau again. And I have to say that after books 3 and 4, I'm firmly in agreement with Calysta; Oracles might not play fair in the way they have to work, but they don't deserve to be prisoners.

It was also quite nice to get a glimpse into the (cleaner) side of Gabe's life in the Underworld. Every time Sophie tracked him down, I was afraid it was going to be one of those awkward moments where he was 'with' someone. I still don't like Sophie any more than I did before. I love Dina and Haim and Uri even more, and Michael too. It was really important to the overall understanding of them, as characters, to get to see these moments and I'm so glad we did. I also really enjoyed the little bit at the end about Gabe and Rachel. I knew it, from Book 3's visit to Mirada but it was nice to have that little bit of frivolous joy and romance at the end to finish it off and remind us of their next quest.

Fingers crossed that Uri gets reacquainted with Seraphine in Book 5. And I also really want to know what Raimie had to do with the Guardian's Crown. I have a feeling it's going to be interesting as always. And probably another tear-jerker. But seriously, I hope they find the Guardian's Crown because if Gabe has to die to fulfill the prophecy, there will not be enough tissues int his world to cover the amount of crying I will be doing. I haven't felt this emotional about a male lead character since Ethan in the Caster Chronicles. And Gabe is so much more important to me than he was. He cannot die!