elainewhite359

Elaine White's Life in Books

I love reading, and as a writer I like to broaden my scope by reading outside of my comfort zone, so that I can learn more about my craft.

Baron of Blood: 1 (Dawning Era Series)
C. N. Faust
All Our Foolish Schemes: The Creepers Saga Book 2
Raymond Esposito
Fright Radio
Noel Dandes
A Dark Heart (The Elders and Welders Chronicles)
Margaret Foxe
Prince of Hearts: The Elders and Welders Chronicles Bk. 1
Margaret Foxe
Young Love Murder (Young Assassins 1)
April Brookshire
Before the Full Moon Rises: 1 (Chronicles of the Secret Prince)
MJ Bell
Once Upon a Darker Time
M.J. Bell
Guardian of Souls
Lee Appleby
In the Beginning
Abby L. Vandiver

Cursed (The Guardians, #2)

Cursed (The Guardians, #2) - Wendy Owens ** I WAS GIVEN THESE BOOKS BY THE PUBLISHER, IN RETURN FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **

Book – Cursed: The Guardians Book 2
Author – Wendy Owens
Star rating - ★★★★★
Would I read it again – Yes, definitely
Plot – well explored, intriguing
Characters – exciting, funny, relateable
Movie Potential - ★★★★★
Ease of reading – Very easy.

Book 2 was even better than the first book in so many ways that I can't even count them. And the first book was excellent, so that should give you an idea of how good this one was. This one had me in tears. It completely broke my heart.

Gabe is a little older, a little wiser and a little more in love. Everything seems good for a while, until suddenly everything goes kind of to Hell. One incident after another, turns his world upside down and puts him in the position where he's left with the most heartbreaking choice: does he stay or does he go? Will he fulfill his destiny, or will he choose not to? Gabe has so much to contend with in this book and it all seems to crash in on him at once, which is the worst part.

The whole storyline with Sophie (I'm not saying more because it will ruin the surprise) was gutting because of what it did to Gabe. (Can you tell I'm a little obsessed with Gabe? :) ) To be honest I never really liked Sophie and this book reaffirmed that for me. Uri and Michael were great in this book, as expected. I have a minor crush on both of them equally. What surprised me was the time gap near the end that totally moved the story along and changed everything. (Again I'm not ruining it with spoilers)

I don't want to give away any spoilers, so I'm not going to say much more. Except that if you haven't read this book, READ IT! It's fantastic. The whole series is, so far and I bet it will continue to be. Be prepared to fall in love, laugh out loud, cringe and root on the good guys. Be prepared to get your heart broken! Most of all, be prepared to sit for a whole day and night reading, because once you pick it up, you will not be able to put it down.