elainewhite359

Elaine White's Life in Books

I love reading, and as a writer I like to broaden my scope by reading outside of my comfort zone, so that I can learn more about my craft.

Baron of Blood: 1 (Dawning Era Series)
C. N. Faust
All Our Foolish Schemes: The Creepers Saga Book 2
Raymond Esposito
Fright Radio
Noel Dandes
A Dark Heart (The Elders and Welders Chronicles)
Margaret Foxe
Prince of Hearts: The Elders and Welders Chronicles Bk. 1
Margaret Foxe
Young Love Murder (Young Assassins 1)
April Brookshire
Before the Full Moon Rises: 1 (Chronicles of the Secret Prince)
MJ Bell
Once Upon a Darker Time
M.J. Bell
Guardian of Souls
Lee Appleby
In the Beginning
Abby L. Vandiver

Blood On The Borders: The Casebook of Dr. Simon Forman - Elizabethan Doctor and Solver of Mysteries

Blood on the Borders: The Casebook of Dr Simon Forman-Elizabethan Doctor and Solver of Mysteries - Judith Cook I bought this book, surprisingly, in the Tourist Information in Oban, when we were on holiday there. I'd forgotten to take a book with me and thought this sounded interesting. Boy was it a good choice.

I'm a big fan of historical novels, especially thrillers. I was utterly amazed that it was inspired by a real life doctor, Simon Furman.

I thought the story, the execution of it and the characters were all of a very high standard, very engaging and intriguing. I was curious the whole way through, and consumed the book in just a few days. The Scotland/England theme, and how it focused on the Borders at such a time, is completely engaging and provides enough chaos, trials and murder for one book, all on its own.

Overall, a brilliant, intriguing story that mixes real life events and inspiration with an engaging, murder mystery of a story.