Elaine White's Life in Books

The Author

The Reviewer

Top #50 UK reviewer on Goodreads
#1 reviewer on Divine Magazine

Blood On The Borders: The Casebook of Dr. Simon Forman - Elizabethan Doctor and Solver of Mysteries

Blood on the Borders: The Casebook of Dr Simon Forman-Elizabethan Doctor and Solver of Mysteries - Judith Cook I bought this book, surprisingly, in the Tourist Information in Oban, when we were on holiday there. I'd forgotten to take a book with me and thought this sounded interesting. Boy was it a good choice.

I'm a big fan of historical novels, especially thrillers. I was utterly amazed that it was inspired by a real life doctor, Simon Furman.

I thought the story, the execution of it and the characters were all of a very high standard, very engaging and intriguing. I was curious the whole way through, and consumed the book in just a few days. The Scotland/England theme, and how it focused on the Borders at such a time, is completely engaging and provides enough chaos, trials and murder for one book, all on its own.

Overall, a brilliant, intriguing story that mixes real life events and inspiration with an engaging, murder mystery of a story.