Elaine White's Life in Books

The Author

The Reviewer

Top #50 UK reviewer on Goodreads
#1 reviewer on Divine Magazine

Dark Prince (Carpathians, #1) - Christine Feehan I've always loved this book. It was a fluke buy for my sister years ago. When she saw it was the first in a series she didn't want it, so I decided to read it. I'm so glad I did. It was the first time I read Christine Feehan, but definitely not the last.

I'm a feminist with total belief in equality, female rights etc, and I've read some reviews of this book and others of Christine Feehan, that say the woman are controlled by the Carpathian males and such. I disagree. I find the romance, here, between Raven and Mikhail beautiful. He would do anything to protect her, even from herself; he loves her devotedly and it is made very clear that the love is expressed differently in Carpathians, than in humans, so even his near-possessive actions and words show you that it isn't his fault. He tries to adapt to Raven and her ways, and gives her more freedom, choice and leeway than the other Carpathian males approve of. He does it for Raven and without lifemates, the others can't understand that. Mikhail shows that he's not trying to possess her or control her by admitting that is it hard for him to adapt to a different nature. He is changing himself, to make himself a better person for Raven.

That is what makes this story beautiful. After reading this for the first time years ago, in paperback, I was unable to afford the rest of the series; it was only when I got my Kindle that I was able to discover the extent of the Dark series. Now I'm reading it from the beginning, right the way through. I've also read the Scarletti Curse, which is even more beautiful.

I recommend that if you haven't been introduced to Christine Feehan yet, then do so. Start with Dark Prince, the first in the Dark Series, and I promise you, you won't be disappointed.