elainewhite359

Elaine White's Life in Books

I love reading, and as a writer I like to broaden my scope by reading outside of my comfort zone, so that I can learn more about my craft.

Baron of Blood: 1 (Dawning Era Series)
C. N. Faust
All Our Foolish Schemes: The Creepers Saga Book 2
Raymond Esposito
Fright Radio
Noel Dandes
A Dark Heart (The Elders and Welders Chronicles)
Margaret Foxe
Prince of Hearts: The Elders and Welders Chronicles Bk. 1
Margaret Foxe
Young Love Murder (Young Assassins 1)
April Brookshire
Before the Full Moon Rises: 1 (Chronicles of the Secret Prince)
MJ Bell
Once Upon a Darker Time
M.J. Bell
Guardian of Souls
Lee Appleby
In the Beginning
Abby L. Vandiver

James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing (James Potter, #1)

James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing (James Potter, #1) -  Johnny Atomic, G. Norman Lippert Being a massive fan of the Harry Potter books and films i loved this book. It's very like the original Harry Potter with the way the characters act and speak. It's exactly the sort of things you would expect from Harry Potter's son.

It's a great kids story, just like the original Harry Potter books. You get a lot of glimpses of the Harry Potter series - mentions of past events, the Battle of Hogwarts, old characters and grudges - but much more with new characters and new circumstances. It's great to see what might have been after Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. You get to see what happened to Remus and Tonk's son Ted and everyone else's kids. Even though the mischief of Fred and George isn't there, Ted and his 'Gremlins' make up for the loss.

The only drawback for me is that around page 100, i lost interest for a week. Lots of things were hinted at and happening, lots of classes and mischief, but nothing that explained the events at the beginning of the book enough to satisfy my curiosity and continue reading. Eventually, being one to finish what i start, i went back to it and found that after four or five pages, things really started to happen in a way that i became hooked just as badly as i had been when reading Harry Potter. I still have one or two unanswered questions, but am hopeful that they'll be explained in the next two books of the series.

If you read HP 1-7, saw the films and loved them, read this! If you were like me and read Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Quidditch Through the Ages and the Harry Potter Encyclopedia then you have to read this book!