elainewhite359

Elaine White's Life in Books

I love reading, and as a writer I like to broaden my scope by reading outside of my comfort zone, so that I can learn more about my craft.

Baron of Blood: 1 (Dawning Era Series)
C. N. Faust
All Our Foolish Schemes: The Creepers Saga Book 2
Raymond Esposito
Fright Radio
Noel Dandes
A Dark Heart (The Elders and Welders Chronicles)
Margaret Foxe
Prince of Hearts: The Elders and Welders Chronicles Bk. 1
Margaret Foxe
Young Love Murder (Young Assassins 1)
April Brookshire
Before the Full Moon Rises: 1 (Chronicles of the Secret Prince)
MJ Bell
Once Upon a Darker Time
M.J. Bell
Guardian of Souls
Lee Appleby
In the Beginning
Abby L. Vandiver
Predator's Kiss - Rosanna Leo Would I read it again - Yes
Plot - well developed, great flow
Characters - well developed, simple, warm, nice background stories
Movie Potential - ★★★★☆
Ease of reading - very easy

***I was given this book in exchange for honest review (LoP)***

Okay, so to start, let me say that I loved this book. I read it in two sittings, devouring it like a little hungry bear cub J

However - being an erotic romance book, there is a use of profanity, and sexually explicit scenes and words. If you are easily offended by things like this, I’d give it a miss. That is the only reason I’ve given it 4 stars and not 5. For the fact that some of the words are a little crass and off putting at times and that is why it has lowered the movie potential too.

Saying that, I do love the book. I thought the plot and the characters were equally well developed throughout. No-one was stationary or got boring. Even the romance, ‘erotica’ parts didn’t take over from the flow of the story. The sex scenes didn’t feel unnecessary or take over the book, they were integral to the developing feelings of the characters. And I thought adding in snippets of the novel the main female character was writing was also a nice touch. Overall, the book came off to me as a well rounded romance.

I liked the bear community, the backstories of the characters and how they were weaved into the story rather than begin thrown at you all at once. I liked the unexaggerated and believable topic. I’ve never read of bear-shifters before and found it highly inspired. Not once did it sound silly or ridiculous.

To my surprise, I actually really liked Soren, the main characters brother. I didn’t expect to, but he was fun and light and charming. And very dedicated to seeing his brother happy for once. I really liked Ryland too, and what he stood for and was trying to do. I thought the addition of a crime/mystery aspect was genius - it allowed the romance to flow and falter and more around a little more freely. I liked that there were many enemies involved, that you had to look out for and be suspicious about, but it was never quite clear which was the more dangerous. I also liked that you had no idea who was responsible until the end. And even then it wasn’t just some random character never mentioned until the last chapter.

I can’t wait to delve into move of Rosanna’s books.