Elaine White's Life in Books

The Author

The Reviewer

Top #50 UK reviewer on Goodreads
#1 reviewer on Divine Magazine

Ghostly Tales & Sinister Stories of Old Edinburgh - Alan J. Wilson, Des Brogan, Frank McGrail Okay, so this book truly was a tale of two halves.

First off, it's not really what it says it is. Some stories are only half a page and very vague. Most are not about ghosts at all. More like a history book of interesting facts. Not really telling stories either. Not what I expected at all.

Less than halfway through I wasn't even sure I wanted to finish this book. My TBR list is so long but I decided to give it another chance. It was difficult to read and kind of boring, even for a fan of Scottish history. Especially supposed 'ghostly tales' and 'sinister stories' It's just a shame these snippets of stories don't qualify as either. The telling of the stories sort of jump back and forward between facts.

The second half, the ghost inspired stories are interesting but also difficult to read and follow. You can clearly tell that some are written by one person, and some by someone else. Some read well, over the span of about two pages, while others are short, blunt and less than a page.