elainewhite359

Elaine White's Life in Books

I love reading, and as a writer I like to broaden my scope by reading outside of my comfort zone, so that I can learn more about my craft.

Baron of Blood: 1 (Dawning Era Series)
C. N. Faust
All Our Foolish Schemes: The Creepers Saga Book 2
Raymond Esposito
Fright Radio
Noel Dandes
A Dark Heart (The Elders and Welders Chronicles)
Margaret Foxe
Prince of Hearts: The Elders and Welders Chronicles Bk. 1
Margaret Foxe
Young Love Murder (Young Assassins 1)
April Brookshire
Before the Full Moon Rises: 1 (Chronicles of the Secret Prince)
MJ Bell
Once Upon a Darker Time
M.J. Bell
Guardian of Souls
Lee Appleby
In the Beginning
Abby L. Vandiver
Ghostly Tales & Sinister Stories of Old Edinburgh - Alan J. Wilson, Des Brogan, Frank McGrail Okay, so this book truly was a tale of two halves.

First off, it's not really what it says it is. Some stories are only half a page and very vague. Most are not about ghosts at all. More like a history book of interesting facts. Not really telling stories either. Not what I expected at all.

Less than halfway through I wasn't even sure I wanted to finish this book. My TBR list is so long but I decided to give it another chance. It was difficult to read and kind of boring, even for a fan of Scottish history. Especially supposed 'ghostly tales' and 'sinister stories' It's just a shame these snippets of stories don't qualify as either. The telling of the stories sort of jump back and forward between facts.

The second half, the ghost inspired stories are interesting but also difficult to read and follow. You can clearly tell that some are written by one person, and some by someone else. Some read well, over the span of about two pages, while others are short, blunt and less than a page.