elainewhite359

Elaine White's Life in Books

I love reading, and as a writer I like to broaden my scope by reading outside of my comfort zone, so that I can learn more about my craft.

Baron of Blood: 1 (Dawning Era Series)
C. N. Faust
All Our Foolish Schemes: The Creepers Saga Book 2
Raymond Esposito
Fright Radio
Noel Dandes
A Dark Heart (The Elders and Welders Chronicles)
Margaret Foxe
Prince of Hearts: The Elders and Welders Chronicles Bk. 1
Margaret Foxe
Young Love Murder (Young Assassins 1)
April Brookshire
Before the Full Moon Rises: 1 (Chronicles of the Secret Prince)
MJ Bell
Once Upon a Darker Time
M.J. Bell
Guardian of Souls
Lee Appleby
In the Beginning
Abby L. Vandiver
Dark Legend - Christine Feehan I really enjoyed this one. Not as short as the one before, but again different to the repetitive storylines that were in the first five books. This time the female was a Carpathian who had hidden from their world for centuries, thinking she was rejected by her mate, Gabriel. One of the infamous twins.

Turns out, she wasn't rejected at all, just that Gabriel just never knew she existed. But he does now. :D

Really good story, excellent characters that I'm hoping trail into the next book. I'd love to read more about Skylar and Lucian, who along with Gabriel, was a particular favourite of mine. I loved Lucian's part in this story, it was so cleverly done, although I did suspect it early on.

The only problem I had with this book was that there was bad continuity. One minute Santino's wife was called Braisilia and the next she was Drusilla and back again. It got a little confusing. When the change first happened, I had to do a double take to see if they were two different characters but they're not.