Elaine White's Life in Books

The Author

The Reviewer

Top #50 UK reviewer on Goodreads
#1 reviewer on Divine Magazine

Kiss of the Spider Woman - Manuel Puig I still remember when I first heard about this book. I was in my last year of high school and a friend was reading it as part of an essay for English class. I remember hearing her rave about how great it was and she let me read the back cover while we sat in a free period. She let me borrow it once her essay was done and I enjoyed it so much that I later bought my own copy.

I've always remembered this book as being one of the greats. One of my favourites. Not what you would expect, I suppose, from a teenage girl, considering the topics covered in the story. But there is something about this story that speaks to me. It speaks of love, friendship, life and the trials and tribulations of a regular Joe in the real world.

This will always be one of my favourites and I will always continue to read it on a regular basis.