Elaine White's Life in Books

The Author

The Reviewer

Top #50 UK reviewer on Goodreads
#1 reviewer on Divine Magazine

Crocodile on the Sandbank - Elizabeth Peters The best of all the Amelia Peabody collection. Crime, Egypt, tombs, sickness, Mummy's, murder, intrigue, love...what more could anyone ask for in a book?

I've read the entire Amelia Peabody series, with the exception of last year's Book 19, and I will always believe that THIS book is the BEST of the series. Not because the series gets worse, but because I fell in love with Radcliffe Emerson in this story. And it made me want to be Amelia Peabody.

I want to be Amelia, in Amarna, with Radcliffe. I want to be on my knees on a plank of wood, lying across that beautiful ancient pavement, protecting it with my bloody fingers. That poor pavement!

I love Evelyn and her relationship with Amelia, I love how insecure and yet strong she can be, how she interacts with Walter and Radcliffe. Evelyn is a tamer version Amelia, for me, and she will always get away with things that no-one else can get away with. I so love meeting new characters. Especially when they're of this caliber.