elainewhite359

Elaine White's Life in Books

I love reading, and as a writer I like to broaden my scope by reading outside of my comfort zone, so that I can learn more about my craft.

Baron of Blood: 1 (Dawning Era Series)
C. N. Faust
All Our Foolish Schemes: The Creepers Saga Book 2
Raymond Esposito
Fright Radio
Noel Dandes
A Dark Heart (The Elders and Welders Chronicles)
Margaret Foxe
Prince of Hearts: The Elders and Welders Chronicles Bk. 1
Margaret Foxe
Young Love Murder (Young Assassins 1)
April Brookshire
Before the Full Moon Rises: 1 (Chronicles of the Secret Prince)
MJ Bell
Once Upon a Darker Time
M.J. Bell
Guardian of Souls
Lee Appleby
In the Beginning
Abby L. Vandiver
Crocodile on the Sandbank - Elizabeth Peters The best of all the Amelia Peabody collection. Crime, Egypt, tombs, sickness, Mummy's, murder, intrigue, love...what more could anyone ask for in a book?

I've read the entire Amelia Peabody series, with the exception of last year's Book 19, and I will always believe that THIS book is the BEST of the series. Not because the series gets worse, but because I fell in love with Radcliffe Emerson in this story. And it made me want to be Amelia Peabody.

I want to be Amelia, in Amarna, with Radcliffe. I want to be on my knees on a plank of wood, lying across that beautiful ancient pavement, protecting it with my bloody fingers. That poor pavement!

I love Evelyn and her relationship with Amelia, I love how insecure and yet strong she can be, how she interacts with Walter and Radcliffe. Evelyn is a tamer version Amelia, for me, and she will always get away with things that no-one else can get away with. I so love meeting new characters. Especially when they're of this caliber.