Elaine White's Life in Books

The Author

The Reviewer

Top #50 UK reviewer on Goodreads
#1 reviewer on Divine Magazine

The Harcombe Diet - Stop Counting Calories and Start Losing Weight: Diet Book - Zoe Harcombe I stopped reading around p. 150. My mum and i were all set to start Phase 1, despite the restrictions on our usual diet. We figured 5 disturbed days were nothing to a life of weight loss and healthy eating.

Unfortunately, the real life interrupted our plans. My mum works shifts and i have medical problems that inhibit the amount of restrictions that Phases 1 and 2 require. Going without dairy/processed foods is neigh on impossible for us. We drink lots of milk, i eat cheese and with varying work hours, we find that frozen foods are a convenience that we can't do without. There just isn't time for all the meal prep and cooking times when we know we could put something in the oven and leave it to cook over an hour when we're doing something else.

For us, our new routine is going to be watching what we eat a lot more carefully, still cutting out cakes, sweets etc and switching from white rice/pasta/bread to wholewheat. Combined with sensible living and exercise, we're hoping to make an impact on our weight loss.