elainewhite359

Elaine White's Life in Books

I love reading, and as a writer I like to broaden my scope by reading outside of my comfort zone, so that I can learn more about my craft.

Baron of Blood: 1 (Dawning Era Series)
C. N. Faust
All Our Foolish Schemes: The Creepers Saga Book 2
Raymond Esposito
Fright Radio
Noel Dandes
A Dark Heart (The Elders and Welders Chronicles)
Margaret Foxe
Prince of Hearts: The Elders and Welders Chronicles Bk. 1
Margaret Foxe
Young Love Murder (Young Assassins 1)
April Brookshire
Before the Full Moon Rises: 1 (Chronicles of the Secret Prince)
MJ Bell
Once Upon a Darker Time
M.J. Bell
Guardian of Souls
Lee Appleby
In the Beginning
Abby L. Vandiver
The Harcombe Diet - Stop Counting Calories and Start Losing Weight: Diet Book - Zoe Harcombe I stopped reading around p. 150. My mum and i were all set to start Phase 1, despite the restrictions on our usual diet. We figured 5 disturbed days were nothing to a life of weight loss and healthy eating.

Unfortunately, the real life interrupted our plans. My mum works shifts and i have medical problems that inhibit the amount of restrictions that Phases 1 and 2 require. Going without dairy/processed foods is neigh on impossible for us. We drink lots of milk, i eat cheese and with varying work hours, we find that frozen foods are a convenience that we can't do without. There just isn't time for all the meal prep and cooking times when we know we could put something in the oven and leave it to cook over an hour when we're doing something else.

For us, our new routine is going to be watching what we eat a lot more carefully, still cutting out cakes, sweets etc and switching from white rice/pasta/bread to wholewheat. Combined with sensible living and exercise, we're hoping to make an impact on our weight loss.