elainewhite359

Elaine White's Life in Books

I love reading, and as a writer I like to broaden my scope by reading outside of my comfort zone, so that I can learn more about my craft.

Baron of Blood: 1 (Dawning Era Series)
C. N. Faust
All Our Foolish Schemes: The Creepers Saga Book 2
Raymond Esposito
Fright Radio
Noel Dandes
A Dark Heart (The Elders and Welders Chronicles)
Margaret Foxe
Prince of Hearts: The Elders and Welders Chronicles Bk. 1
Margaret Foxe
Young Love Murder (Young Assassins 1)
April Brookshire
Before the Full Moon Rises: 1 (Chronicles of the Secret Prince)
MJ Bell
Once Upon a Darker Time
M.J. Bell
Guardian of Souls
Lee Appleby
In the Beginning
Abby L. Vandiver

Book Review - Prince of Hearts

Book – Prince of Hearts (Elders and Welders Chronicles #1)

Author – Margaret Foxe

Star rating - ★★★★★          Movie Potential - ★★★★★

Plot – very well planned and executed

Characters – very diverse and relatable

Ease of reading – very ease to read.

Cover - ✔           Suitable Title -

Would I read it again – Yes

**I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK, BY THE AUTHOR, IN RETURN FOR AN HONEST REVIEW**

This is my first steampunk book, ever! I have to say that it doesn't disappoint.

I was drawn into this book right from the very beginning. It gripped my heart, dragged me into the pages and made me feel for every single character.

I wasn't really sure what to make of Aline Finch, at first, but I really grew to love her. She's stubborn, independent and sticks up for herself in a time when women weren't supposed to. She's also fiery and a perfect match for Romanov. I love how she doesn't always say much, but her actions and body language screams so much more.

I love Romanov, or Sasha, and how he's got inner demons that don't just get glossed over or passed aside. I really enjoy getting to explore parts of his history, when they're appropriate. When the story demands it, we discover more about his past and how he's felt about his history.

I really like the fact that we get Sasha and Aline's POV. I think if we only got one, the story would fail, but if we had any more then it wouldn't be as enjoyable. I love seeing things from Finch's POV and then seeing how Sasha is dealing with the same event.

The two are an ideal match and I love the will-they-wont-they between them, the hot, spicy moments and the romance of the simplest elements of the story. Such simple things, that are realistic and normal, like Romanov putting her glasses back on for her or finding her adorable when she sneezes, come across as heartwarming and real.

I love the progression of the story and the criminal aspect. I'm a sucker for a great crime story and this story was that great. There was a supernatural element, the steampunk element and it all felt real and logical. There wasn't one thing that I didn't find believable or thought didn't fit the story.

The author is a really talented writer. I love the way she weaves emotional and mystery elements together, to make you care as much about the characters as you do about the solution to the crime. The whole plot is seamlessly put together, well executed and littered with little nuggets of newspaper clippings. I didn't know what to make of them at first, but then it was explained it was a really nice addition, like a parallel universe; it was super cute.

I really love the way the author combines Romanov's dark humour with the dark aspects of the book. He lightens up all situations, with his quick wit and his sarcasm. He's not, perhaps, my new favourite male MC.

Overall, a great book. Although I sussed out a few of the 'twists' in the plot, I was really happy with how they were revealed, when they were revealed and the overall execution of the book. Everything was considered in intricate detail, so that nothing was left out or left unexplained.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/886189146?book_show_action=false