Elaine White's Life in Books

The Reviewer

Top #50 UK reviewer on Goodreads
#1 reviewer on Divine Magazine

Of Christmas Past

Of Christmas Past - Teryn Day This was an amazing short story about an asexual, gay psychic who wants nothing more than to help the spirits he sees. After a disastrous break up, and a few nasty personal revelations, Jon ends up taking his Aunt up on an offer to calm down the ghosts of their family home so it can be sold.
What he gets is a broody ghost eyeing him up while delivering death threats and the potential for more than he's ever found before.
I loved the characters of Jon and Cecil; they were equally and well explored throughout the short story and I loved their chemistry with each other, right from page one. I loved the concept and the execution, as well as the world building in so few pages.
Overall, a great (and not scary) twist on the whole ghosts of Christmas idea. Loved the ending.