Elaine White's Life in Books

The Reviewer

Top #50 UK reviewer on Goodreads
#1 reviewer on Divine Magazine

Facts About Me: Music Connections

I have a serious music addiction. But there's a twist to it. When I hear a song in a movie, I tend to always associate that song with the movie, as long as I liked it, its place in the movie, and the movie itself. Or, alternatively, if it ended up with a negative association.

Examples:

There was a long time when I couldn't listen to 'I Only Have Eyes For You' by The Flamingos after hearing in a particularly memorable and unpleasant episode of Cold Case. I always listen to the song 'California Dreaming' by The Mamas and the Papas and think about the movie Congo. I hear 'The Chain' by Fleetwood Mac and think of Guardians of the Galaxy. Whenever 'Cry' by Mandy Moore comes on, I think about the film A Walk to Remember.