Elaine White's Life in Books

The Reviewer

Top #50 UK reviewer on Goodreads
#1 reviewer on Divine Magazine

Facts About Me: Plans for 2019 Onwards

2017 was a tough year for me. I had a lot of health problems and they followed me into early 2018. Combine that with my publisher spreading out releases throughout the year and, from now on, I think I'll be releasing maybe 3 books a year.

That's meant I've had to think hard about what I want to release in 2019 and what order I want to keep releasing books. My Cacodemon series and Decadent series are now complete (as of end of 2018) so I need to think ahead to what is left. I have 2 stories in The Royal Series, then that will be complete, too. I also want to write a follow-up spin-off series from Cacodemon, but that's still in the developmental stage so there's no hope of it being ready for 2019 or 2020.

I've submitted a short to an anthology that will lead into The Bright Side Brigade, so that needs to be published sometime in 2019. I also promised a reader that I will publish Faithfully - a story that was previously well-loved on Wattpad and even won a Watty award - since it's been a long time since I removed it with the intention of publishing it and never got around to it. Which means 2 of my 3 slots are already booked. The fact that I'm currently writing book 4 in The Royal Series takes up my last slot for 2019, if I want to release A Royal Legacy in any sort of proximity to the rest of the series. The problem is that A Royal Legacy is split into 2 parts, because of the massive word count.

So, 2019 has three set releases : The Bright Side Brigade, Faithfully and A Royal Legacy: Part One. Which leaves A Royal Legacy: Part Two to be released early 2020. Leaving 2 further slots for that year. I think I'd like to fill them with solo novels, to get some of them out there in the world and offer my readers something fresh and different from me, but it all depends on what is completed and what I feel is ready to be published.

Or, I can go a different route and publish book 1 in a brand new series. Perhaps my Creatures of the Night series, which has 4 our of the 6 novels already completed. Add in a solo novel and that would be 2020 all set and ready to go.

Which just leaves the other 105 novels on my current WIP (mostly series count) waiting for a home.

Because I write for a living and am considered unfit to work, it means that I have more time to write continuously and as the mood strikes than someone who had a day job. Which means that I have a large pile of completed novels - about 12 that are currently in close-to-publishing condition -- that have nowhere to go.

Here's a little peek at my to-do-list, a visual representation of all the novels that are completed and ready to go, once I can find a place for them:

[gallery size="medium" ids="14380,14381,14382,14383,14384,14385,14386,14387,14388,14389,14390,14391,14392,14393,14394"]

~