Elaine White's Life in Books

The Reviewer

Top #50 UK reviewer on Goodreads
#1 reviewer on Divine Magazine

Facts About Me: My 2018 TBR: Netgalley

I have LOADS of books on my TBR list for 2018. I have about 250 just for Netgalley, not including a mountain of paperbacks that I bought throughout the year, and a whole lot more e-books that I bought or that were on sale over the last year or two.

This post will focus on those books that I've been accepted for on Netgalley. The list is now a lot more than it was at the beginning of the year; a whopping 354 books (as we speak). I've actually created two spreadsheets to divide my lists and make them more readable; one is for series books and the other for solo novels. This means that I can view at a glance the series books, how many more are in the series and how many I've already worked through. Once a book is read, I delete it from my list so that I can view how many are left in total.

The one problem I've found with Netgalley is that most of the books are ARC's, which means they're not always on Amazon or Goodreads when they come up for request. That means that I can request a book and not know that it's part of a series until months later, perhaps before I've started reading it. Which means that my TBR list grows exponentially. Such as when I was approved a book that, eventually, turned out to be book #4 in a series. So, I had to go and buy the other 3 books, because I cannot abide reading a series out of order.

The books listed here are the ones that I've already marked to be read this year. There are a mountain more to be read, but these are the ones that I'm trying to get done first.

SERIES

44 Scotland Street 1-12, by Alexander McCall Smith (1 for Netgalley)

Alex Cross 1-20, by James Patterson (2 for Netgalley)

Blackstone 1-6, by Richard Falkirk

Hell Divers 1-3, by Nicholas Sansbury Smith

Bitter Moon Saga 1-4, by Amy Lane

Ishmael Jones 1-3, by Simon R. Green (1 for Netgalley)

Kingfountain 1-6, by Jeff Wheeler (3 for Netgalley)

Maeve Kerrigan 1-7, by Jane Casey (2 for Netgalley)

Miss Phryne Fisher 6-19, by Kerry Greenwood (4 for Netgalley)

The Copper Cat 1-3, by Jen Williams

Yancy Lazarus 1-4, by James A. Hunter

The Vengeance Trilogy 1-3, by Devin Madson (1 for Netgalley)

David Raker 1-9, by Tim Weaver (3 for Netgalley)

SOLO NOVELS

The Falcon of Sparta, by Conn Iggulden

The Forbidden Harbour, Vol. 1, by Teresa Radic

Guess Who, by Chris McGeorge

~

As you can see, I probably won't be able to get all of these read in 2018 (or what's left of it) but I'm certainly going to try. If you've read any of these, I'd love to know your thoughts (good or bad) and if you're intrigued by them, check them out! I've included the links to the Goodreads pages so that you can read the blurbs if you want to.

Happy Reading!