Elaine White's Life in Books

The Reviewer

Top #50 UK reviewer on Goodreads
#1 reviewer on Divine Magazine

I, Frankenstein: Genesis #1

I, Frankenstein: Genesis #1 - Kevin Grevioux Having seen the movie, I was intrigued to see how the comic would portray such a complex plot. I really liked how it was accomplished.

The story was brilliantly detailed, weaving together three historical storylines through a present-day narration storyline, that allowed for mystery as well as explaining the past in a way that was easy to follow. The illustrations were gorgeous! So detailed and realistic - some of them even looked like the actors from the movie. I like that the plot was a little more original than the movie (though it's been a long time since I saw it and I may just be mis-remembering). The only thing that bothered me was that there was no easily discernible way to separate the gargoyles and demons once they were in their true form. They looked almost identical, which made the panels where they fought or faced each other difficult to follow.

Overall, really well done. The film, for me, was okay, but I think I might enjoy the comics more.