elainewhite359

Elaine White's Life in Books

I love reading, and as a writer I like to broaden my scope by reading outside of my comfort zone, so that I can learn more about my craft.

Baron of Blood: 1 (Dawning Era Series)
C. N. Faust
All Our Foolish Schemes: The Creepers Saga Book 2
Raymond Esposito
Fright Radio
Noel Dandes
A Dark Heart (The Elders and Welders Chronicles)
Margaret Foxe
Prince of Hearts: The Elders and Welders Chronicles Bk. 1
Margaret Foxe
Young Love Murder (Young Assassins 1)
April Brookshire
Before the Full Moon Rises: 1 (Chronicles of the Secret Prince)
MJ Bell
Once Upon a Darker Time
M.J. Bell
Guardian of Souls
Lee Appleby
In the Beginning
Abby L. Vandiver

Sacred Bloodlines (The Guardians, #1)

Sacred Bloodlines (The Guardians, #1) - Wendy Owens ** I WAS GIVEN THESE BOOKS BY THE PUBLISHER, IN RETURN FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **

Book – Sacred Bloodlines: The Guardians Book 1
Author – Wendy Owens
Star rating - ★★★★★
Would I read it again – Yes, definitely
Plot – well explored, well put together, very easy to follow
Characters – exciting, funny, intriguing, great characterization
Movie Potential - ★★★★★
Ease of reading – Very easy.

Unputdownable. Funny and enticing. Exciting but not at too fast a pace. A great read for children and adults a like.

This book literally kept me up at night. Once I started it, I couldn't put it down and I didn't want to even if I could. The characters are exciting, different to many I've read in this genre, and they suck you into their story by making you care for them. There really isn't anything I didn't like about this book. Even the things that niggled or grated on me added something to the reading of the story.

There were one or two niggles, that since I'm editing my own book at the same time popped out. Really minor things like using 'laid' when 'lay' would have sounded better. For some reason 'laid' kind of grated on me a bit in this book. Otherwise, there was only one instance where Uri was 'Ur,'. Considering the excellence of this book, these things are really, really minor, but as a writer, I would notice them in my own stories, so I notice them in others too.

I quite literally fell in love with the characters in this book. Gabe and Uri are particular favourites of mine. Sophie also grated on me a little; I'm not too overly keen on these perfectly perfect girls, who are giggly and sickly sweet. Maybe it's just me that say her that way, but it did bug me. The whole way through the book, I was kind of hoping Gabe would end up with someone else, to be honest.

I really, really liked that Gabe and Uri, the two Heroes of the story are completed flawed. Both have seen and been through terrible things but come out the other side. I loved the school and how it took in these troubled kids and gave them a home, a purpose.

I will say what everyone will be thinking when they finish this book – YES, there are similarities to Harry Potter. Only in the way that a young boy, orphaned and feeling lost in the world, ends up at a magical school where he finally finds his home. Otherwise, this story is incredibly unique. I have never seen a book take on this kind of twist before and I sooo look forward to reading much more.