elainewhite359

Elaine White's Life in Books

I love reading, and as a writer I like to broaden my scope by reading outside of my comfort zone, so that I can learn more about my craft.

Baron of Blood: 1 (Dawning Era Series)
C. N. Faust
All Our Foolish Schemes: The Creepers Saga Book 2
Raymond Esposito
Fright Radio
Noel Dandes
A Dark Heart (The Elders and Welders Chronicles)
Margaret Foxe
Prince of Hearts: The Elders and Welders Chronicles Bk. 1
Margaret Foxe
Young Love Murder (Young Assassins 1)
April Brookshire
Before the Full Moon Rises: 1 (Chronicles of the Secret Prince)
MJ Bell
Once Upon a Darker Time
M.J. Bell
Guardian of Souls
Lee Appleby
In the Beginning
Abby L. Vandiver

The Prophecy (The Guardians, #3)

The Prophecy (The Guardians, #3) - Wendy Owens ** I WAS GIVEN THESE BOOKS BY THE PUBLISHER, IN RETURN FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **

Book – The Prophesy: The Guardians Book 3
Author – Wendy Owens
Star rating - ★★★★★
Would I read it again – Yes, definitely
Plot – well explored, intriguing
Characters – exciting, wavers a little
Movie Potential - ★★★★★
Ease of reading – Very easy.

Okay, so first off, I have to say that the moment Gabe met Rachel, I knew exactly what was going to happen. It was obvious to everyone but them. Secondly, I was originally going to rate this as a 4 star and not a 5, when I was about halfway through the book. This was for the personality switch in Gabe at the beginning. However, the second half just totally overshadowed the faults of the first half and bumped it right back up to a 5.

I feel like either the author is trying to show that Gabe has lost his way, in the first half, or she lost her way in writing him. It's a little confused. One minute he's happy and bright and the next he's a moody twat who can't admit the truth. He's so different to the first two books, which makes sense after everything that's happened to him. I understand that he'd jaded and bitter and selfish now, because he's been on his own for so long. It's just a shame that we lost that bright, amazing Gabe we had before. He's not the happy, hopeful hero he used to be and his likability took a serious dip for me in the first half. The second half was so much better.

Unsurprisingly, I still love Uri. He's the little flash of fun that's needed. He hasn't changed a bit. I also really like Rachel; she's real in a way that Sophie never was. Unfortunately, Sophie is back in this book, just when I was hoping we'd get rid of her. (Colour me disappointed)

I really hope that the whole cowardly/self-pity attitude and image of himself that Gabe has will disappear. He's survived 5 years on his own, in a world where he was being hunted by Baal. He's slipped in and out of the Underworld and he's still alive. He's neither a coward of useless and it's time Michael and Gabe realise that. It seems that Uri is the only one who has always strongly believed in Gabe's abilities and I'm looking forward to Gabe showing them off in some spectacular fashion.

I get why Gabe is the way he is in this book but it does make it difficult to read when it's so constant. I devoured book 2 in one sitting. I literally sat myself down with it and didn't stop until it was finished, it was so good. This one, I feel like I need a break every now and then from Gab'e spiraling personality changes, it makes me a little dizzy. Thankfully by the second half of the book it got easier because Rachel was there to put him in his place.

I'm so glad that Gabe made up his mind and admitted that he made a mistake when he left Rampart. It was his destiny for things to happen as they did; for Sophie to change, for him to feel unwanted and betrayed by her and Uri, to run off and end up in his little cave. It was all meant to be, to bring him to Rachel and back to his Guardian destiny of being the Protector. But he had to see that for himself and I'm so glad he has. I think, without Rachel, he would have always been alone and dead inside. Now he's free to live and try to change his destiny.

So far, this series has been a total teen/YA series with nothing to take it beyond into adult. So Chapters 21 and 22 really surprised me. I think without the detailed descriptions there, it could still have been a safe teen/YA from anyone ten and up. With these chapters though, I'd say it's a 15 and up. But that doesn't stop it from being a fantastic book.