Elaine White's Life in Books

The Author

The Reviewer

Top #50 UK reviewer on Goodreads
#1 reviewer on Divine Magazine

Blood Eternal (Awakened by Blood, #3)

Blood Eternal (Awakened by Blood, #3) - Marie Treanor For me, this was the best in the series. I waned a little reading Book 2, when it was all in NY, but not with this one.

It was beautiful from beginning to end. Saloman and Elizabeth's relationship was solid and more special than ever. I absolutely hate these soppy romance girls who fight their attraction to the Big Bad guy in the book, vampire or not, and then suddenly give in in the end. I think Elizabeth's journey, of learning about him, accepting and then shying away is much more realistic. Yes, she does the soppy romantic girl party by fighting the attraction in the beginning, when there is distance and separation and vampires are still a myth in her head. She's an academic, that's expected.

And in this book, I really liked Luk. Yes, he was crazy but you could also sense a conflict in him somewhere which was interesting. And I really like that Saloman wasn't just the Big Bad, but that he had heart and soul and was complex.

One bad point - I think it ended too abruptly. Either that or I need to stop staying up until 3am reading. I think it might have been nice to have a little Epilogue or something. I know there's a trilogy about the Hunters as well, but unless they contain Saloman and Elizabeth I won't be reading them. Mihaela and Konrad really, seriously, bugged the heck out of me in this book more than ever.

Needless to say I almost cried a few times, not telling you where or why. I did, however, see the ending coming though. I saw the thing with Luk and the 'condition' that was making Elizabeth ill and the other thing. It's not a flaw in the story or the way it was put together, just more that the ending was what I would have written. It was perfect.