Elaine White's Life in Books

The Reviewer

Top #50 UK reviewer on Goodreads
#1 reviewer on Divine Magazine

Labyrinth: A Novel Based on the Jim Henson Film

Labyrinth: A Novel Based on the Jim Henson Film - A.C.H. Smith Had to force myself to finish this. Labyrinth has been my all time favourite film for years now. Unfortunately the book couldn't live up to the film. The little extras were distracting, and sometimes the action scenes felt like someone was trying to describe the film and it broke into the flow of the story. Unfortunately, about the time the Fireys came into it, was when I lost interest. I only finished out of stubbornness. I would have liked to have at least some of the more legendary aspects included like the 'You remind me of the babe' moment. I know they're more musical, but it wouldn't have been hard to convert them to dialogue.