elainewhite359

Elaine White's Life in Books

I love reading, and as a writer I like to broaden my scope by reading outside of my comfort zone, so that I can learn more about my craft.

Baron of Blood: 1 (Dawning Era Series)
C. N. Faust
All Our Foolish Schemes: The Creepers Saga Book 2
Raymond Esposito
Fright Radio
Noel Dandes
A Dark Heart (The Elders and Welders Chronicles)
Margaret Foxe
Prince of Hearts: The Elders and Welders Chronicles Bk. 1
Margaret Foxe
Young Love Murder (Young Assassins 1)
April Brookshire
Before the Full Moon Rises: 1 (Chronicles of the Secret Prince)
MJ Bell
Once Upon a Darker Time
M.J. Bell
Guardian of Souls
Lee Appleby
In the Beginning
Abby L. Vandiver

Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)

Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2) - Kami Garcia,  Margaret Stohl This book was just as great as the first.

I cried a few times. I thought Lena was frustrating, annoying and stupid for most of the book, which is exactly how I was supposed to feel. As confused as Ethan was. This is why using Ethan as the main character, and giving the story from his POV was such a genius move. You couldn't have got that suspense from Lena's POV.

I didn't see the whole Aunt Prue thing coming, nor the Macon and Jane, or the Link ending. I knew about the cat and Macon and a few smaller things, but I love a great twist that totally takes you by surprise. It's what this book lives for.

Everything has changed now, so there's no clue as to where it might go. All the baddies are still as bad, and I look forward to seeing them again. Onto the 2.5 Dream Dark and then I can get straight into books 3 and 4. Can't wait to see how this series is going to end, but I know that I'm going to miss it when it's gone.