elainewhite359

Elaine White's Life in Books

I love reading, and as a writer I like to broaden my scope by reading outside of my comfort zone, so that I can learn more about my craft.

Baron of Blood: 1 (Dawning Era Series)
C. N. Faust
All Our Foolish Schemes: The Creepers Saga Book 2
Raymond Esposito
Fright Radio
Noel Dandes
A Dark Heart (The Elders and Welders Chronicles)
Margaret Foxe
Prince of Hearts: The Elders and Welders Chronicles Bk. 1
Margaret Foxe
Young Love Murder (Young Assassins 1)
April Brookshire
Before the Full Moon Rises: 1 (Chronicles of the Secret Prince)
MJ Bell
Once Upon a Darker Time
M.J. Bell
Guardian of Souls
Lee Appleby
In the Beginning
Abby L. Vandiver

All Booked Up (A Basil and Hortense Killingsley Mystery)

All Booked Up (A Basil and Hortense Killingsley Mystery) - Terrie Curran I really enjoyed this. It's my first venture into a Terrie Curran story and I loved it.

I love Basil and Hortense Killingsley, I think they're a great couple, they work really well as characters and they're bright and keep the story moving forward. I loved Ceese as well, he's such a fun character and he brought a light heartedness to the story for when things got a bit heavy, or literary.

I struggled to keep a hold of the academic discussions going on, because this isn't my field, but it didn't ruin the story in any way. It was all very interesting and intriguing, something I might look into a bit more later.

The murder mystery part of the story was well written, well executed and traveled at a nice pace. There wasn't too much going on, too many murders or lots of stagnant scenes with nothing happening. Nearly everything had a bearing on the murders or solving them, even if I didn't realise it at the time.

I can't wait to read more from Basil and Hortense. And Terrie too.