elainewhite359

Elaine White's Life in Books

I love reading, and as a writer I like to broaden my scope by reading outside of my comfort zone, so that I can learn more about my craft.

Baron of Blood: 1 (Dawning Era Series)
C. N. Faust
All Our Foolish Schemes: The Creepers Saga Book 2
Raymond Esposito
Fright Radio
Noel Dandes
A Dark Heart (The Elders and Welders Chronicles)
Margaret Foxe
Prince of Hearts: The Elders and Welders Chronicles Bk. 1
Margaret Foxe
Young Love Murder (Young Assassins 1)
April Brookshire
Before the Full Moon Rises: 1 (Chronicles of the Secret Prince)
MJ Bell
Once Upon a Darker Time
M.J. Bell
Guardian of Souls
Lee Appleby
In the Beginning
Abby L. Vandiver
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré The Goblet of Fire was like a Revolution for HP, in my opinion. New characters, new wizard schools, and a new challenge for Harry. Brilliant. Snuffles and Ron, in this book as in many others, are by far the best characters. (Excluding of course, HP himself.)

The Goblet of Fire always breaks my heart. Someone Harry trusts and thinks is on his side, is out to hurt him. The one thing he doesn’t want to happen - the return of Voldemort - happens and he can’t stop it. Cedric, a guy Harry has come to like and appreciate, gets killed because he’s a ‘spare’. He doesn’t get the girl. His best friend hates him, even for a little time. Some mad woman of a reporter is spreading lies about him and he can’t be with the one parental figure he most wants to be with. The Goblet of Fire is them most heartbreaking, heart wrenching story in the Harry Potter series so far.

It's a journey of trusting yourself, trusting your gut, knowing who your friends are, trusting your friends, notlettingpetty grievances get in your way and overall - the importance of friendship. Without Harry's friendship with Ron, Hermione, Dobby, Hagrid, Sirius and Dumbledore, even Neville, he would surely never have survived his first year at Hogwarts, let alone the Twiwizard Tournament. I love that Harry Potter books give you a great read, some fun, some laughs, some tears and some pain, but while teaching you about life, yourself, and so much more.