Elaine White's Life in Books

Book Review - Rose Saga by Julieanne Lynch

THIS SERIES IS 18+ ONLY

** I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK BY THE AUTHOR, IN RETURN FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **

BOOK 1

Book – The Curse of the Rose (Rose Saga #1)

Author – Julieanne Lynch

Star rating - ★★★★★

Would I read it again – Yes

Plot – original, fun, great concept

Characters – fun, scarred, powerful

Movie Potential - ★★★★★ (may have to be R rated ;))

Ease of reading – easy to read

** I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK, BY THE AUTHOR, IN RETURN FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **

This was a great book. I read it in one sitting and couldn't put it down. The plot is original, hot and playful. The characters are relatable in their own ways, slightly damaged and interesting enough to never quite know what's going to happen next. Or what they're about to do.

I think it would have been nice if the book was longer, only because when I got to the end, I really didn't want it to be over. I would love to see a few books maybe twice this size with this story, because there's enough meat there to really keep it interesting. But on the other hand, I see how great this shorter length can be. Easy to pick up and enjoy in an afternoon when you need something hot and spicy to read.

I really liked Bianka and Batar; they were some of the most fun characters I've read in this genre for a while. They are so likeable and have a great rapport. Their connection is something special. I also really like the clever and strategic use of flashbacks. Sometimes in a book they're thrown in anywhere and you get a big confused, but each time I stepped into one in this book, I knew why and I knew where I was and that I was about to find out something important.

And although I don't want to spoil the story for anyone, I have to admit the ending was a very nice twist. I didn't quite see it going the way it did and that was great. Overall, a nice hot read for a cold winter's day and some great characters and plot to keep your mind ticking with possibilities even once the last page is turned. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

BOOK 2

Book – A Dance of Fools (Rose Saga #2)

Author – Julieanne Lynch

Star rating - ★★★★★

Would I read it again – Yes

Plot – original, fun, great concept

Characters – scarred, powerful, dangerous

Movie Potential - ★★★★★ (may have to be R rated ;))

Ease of reading – easy to read

** I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK, BY THE AUTHOR, IN RETURN FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **

Again, with this one, I would have liked it to be longer, but that's me just enjoying the story too much to want it to end.

I really liked the progression of Bianka and Batar's relationship. It felt real and honest and instead of feeling like I'd missed out on 500 years of bonding, I could feel the connection between them and how strong it was. It was nice to be let into that and be shown how much they actually care about one another, underneath it all.

I really loved how (without giving too much away) Bianka changed everything with her payback and made sure that what happened to her wouldn't happen to anyone else. You could really feel her inner hatred of what she had gone through during her lifetime and how much it was still carried with her, even though she tried to pretend it wasn't.

Iona sort of creeped me out, to begin with, in Book 1 but seeing how Bianka was treated and was forced to behave, you can kind of understand her better, and I think maybe even Bianka could too. I am very intrigued by Batar's brother, though I'm not sure if he will pop back up in Book 3, though I hope he does.

This book ended on a bit of a cliffhanger for me, and I'm really not sure what is coming next. But you can bet it will be epic and hot!